Monday, December 15, 2008

Sisters

I have 2 girls. When they were a tad younger, they fought like they hated each other with a passion. I often told them stories of one of my sisters that died 16 years ago of a brain aneurysm. (it didn't help) There are 7 of us kids, 4 of which are girls. You would think the sudden shocking death of someone so young with a whole life ahead of them would bond the remaining siblings, especially the remaining 3 of us girls. We girls ages are 34, 44 and 51. Here is the problem as I see it.

Sister 1 is 51 years old. She is a hoity toity pretentious bitch. She lives in a big beautiful home that she is constantly redecorating (she is very good at it) and is financially very comfortable. Affording things like plastic surgery, vacations, etc. The rest of us feel like she looks down on us and we are normal middle class working families. She often will say or do something that makes my jaw drop. For instance, she missed my wedding because a food network star was in town and she had tickets. This was after I changed the date twice because SHE had plans. Or, a month ago when I saw her for the first time in almost a year at her sons wedding, and she didn't even glance at me as she spoke to her husband and I said "Uhm.... hello can I get a hug" and she answered "I have to pee first" WTF???????? Those are just 2 tiny examples. Maybe in another post I'll write about all her anti-social behavior (oh it's just fine with her friends, just not her family) Anyway - she is one of the most selfish people I have ever known with massive control issues.

Sister 2 is me. I am often accused of being the sensitive one. Whenever I mention something about my feelings being hurt, or being put off by something said or done, I get the "Well you are just sensitive" I will admit I am very sentimental and well........ sensitive. If I were born a man, I'd be gay - for sure.

Sister 3 is the youngest. What can I say about her other than she's a two faced lying schmuck. See, I will never say anything behind your back that I won't say to your face and I just expect people in my life to be the same. You can think I'm a bitch if ya want - just don't kiss my ass to my face. I hate that. It's one of my biggest pet peeves.

So, I wrote to my family last week and I asked them to name 3 fond memories for each person in the family and send them to me as soon as possible. I wanted to make a nice book with photos for everyone for Christmas. What a wonderful keepsake don't you think? I figured I'd get a little flack from my brothers - cause after all - they are men. But the last thing I expected was bullshit from my sisters.

Sister 3 told me early in the week she was working on it.

Sister 1 told me that she felt put on the spot and that she was being set up because her brothers would have nothing to say about her that is good and that she would do the list, but only if everyone else does because she heard from sister 3 that she deleted it right away.

So, what do I do with this information? Do I write a shame on you email and tell them to kiss my ass? Do I just move on and forget about it.

The thing that bothers me is I truly am a believer in eliminating people and things that have a habit of hurting you. Sister 1 is constant, sister 2 is on the fence. I think I'm going to walk away. Obviously my thoughts and feelings are not important to them so why should I hang on?

Yeah....... I' just going to walk away.

No comments: